Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How to completly uninstall and reinstall FSX

If you are installing add-on on a daily basis to your FSX, you probably got in the situation of ending up with a non working sim or one that crashes to desktop (ctd) in the middle of a flight due to broken or incompatible software.
This just happened to me and if I don't manage to fix it, then I most probably have to uninstall and reinstall the sim.


Unfortunately this is not as easy as it may sound due to the many extra add-on that are scattered all over my hard drive and operating system.

For everyone that is in this situation I found  this nice tutorial on the PMDG site on how to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of FSX.

Seems quite some work needed, but hope things will work as they should after completing the process.



No comments: